Location & Surrounding countries: It is an island country in the Indian Ocean, approximately 400 kilometers (250 miles) off the coast of East Africa. Madagascar is the world’s second-largest island country.
Capital : Antananarivo
Official Languages Recognized and regional languages: The Malagasy language is the main language. Malagasy and French were named the official languages of the Malagasy Republic.
Country Area: 587,041 sq km
Religions: 41% of Madagascans practiced Christianity, and 52% adhered to traditional religions
Population: 27,424,092 people.
History of St. Paul Service in Madagascar
First mission: Exploration mission was on November 2016.
- Exploring Madagascar & finding opportunities to begin service there
- Collecting contacts who can help in beginning service
- Total number of missions: 11 (2 exploration – 9 medical)
- Exploration missions (Nov. 2016 & April 2019)
9 Medical missions:
- AMBOSITRA Apr-17
- AMBOSITRA Jun-17
- AMBOSITRA Aug-17
- Villages around Tana May-18
- Ambositra May-18 6 Villages with the Greek Jun-18
- Ambatolamy Jun-19
- Ambatolamy Aug-19
- Ambatolamy Nov-19
- Spiritual services were done during the medical missions
- Preparing adult and kids spiritual program to be addressed in schools and for patients in the waiting area.
- Number of missions: 9
Location (Cities & places) of the service in the country.
– AMBOSITRA (Apr-17)
– AMBOSITRA (Jun-17
– AMBOSITRA (Aug-17)
– Villages around Tana (May-18)
– Ambositra (May-18)
– Villages with the Greek (Jun-18)
– Ambatolamy (Jun-19)
– Ambatolamy (Aug-190
– Ambatolamy (Nov-19)All of them were medical services including spiritual activities and health awareness, where our servant doctors were in the following specialties:
GynecologyWe provided the following services to locals:
The outcome of these Medical Missions:
49 successful surgeries
More than 5000 medical consultations