First mission was on November 2016, exploring many places and meeting with the representatives of the Catholic and Protestant churches, and the representatives of the ministry of health to collect data about the papers needed for the medical missions
- After researches, Brava was the best place to implement community health workers program but after facing a lot of problem it stopped, so we shifted our place of service to Fogo.
- As per the recommendation of father Doaud Lamei, to change our place of service near the capital Praia
- In any of the places we served in, we had a very good communication with the mayor who offered a place to our service and sponsored our stay that was in addition to the sponsoring of the ministry of health to our doctors during their stay in Cape Verde including all the logistics and paper needed for the missions.
- We had many people that knew about our church and still serving with us.
- First educational mission in schools was in April 2018 in schools and we prepared as a team a curriculum to be used in each mission with the important topics needed by the community as alcoholism, depression, nutrition, early pregnancy, self awareness…
- Teaching women handicrafts like crochet and providing them with the materials needed.
- Finally we finished the papers of our NGO
- Proceeding in the church registration
We agreed that Santa Cruz will be by God’s grace our center according to the researches done by the team and the exploration mission done by 2 members of our team ,we found that the main project will be agricultural, and development center
A) In keeping with SDGs 4 and 5 (quality education and gender equality), Our focus is always on the following:
- Reducing gender-based violence and domestic abuse in the community
- Providing access to high-quality education in reputable schools
- Providing young women social, medical, and psychological support to ensure balanced personal development and growth
(B) In 2019, reacting to the pandemic, we decided to expand the community-based services of the foundation to include SDG 3 (health and well-being), which focuses on
- Sending out medical missions and field exposure to other facilities and institutions serving disadvantaged populations and key populations, and disaster response activities during the time of the pandemic
- Sustainable developmental activities to improve the quality of life for the Filipinos, with emphasis on equity and dignity
- Comprehensive health, social, and economic development activities
- Prioritizing marginalized and disadvantaged communities and populations: we are committed to working with marginalized communities, improving their lives, alleviating their suffering, and developing a vision for change that will make a meaningful difference in their lives.