Location: Angola is located at the west coast of Southern Africa, and its capital is Luanda
Country Area: is 1,246,700 km2, and Population is 31.83 million
Bordered countries: Namibia to the south, the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, Zambia to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west.
Official Language: Portuguese is the only official language of Angola, but 46 African other languages are spoken in the country, here is the most common languages in Angola: Portuguese, Chokwe, Kikongo, Kimbundu, Oshiwambo and Umbundu.
Religions: are 93.4% Christianity, 56.4% Roman Catholic, 23.4% Protestant, 13.6% Other Christian, 4.5% Traditional faiths, 1.1% Others, 1.0% No religion
History of St. Paul Service in Angola
- All the missions in Angola were fro exploration and for building reputation through the medical services
April 2017 , number of missionaries 2 , objectives :
– Explore Angola and find opportunities
– Meet Egyptian ambassador there
– Build relations with catholic hospitals and churches.
– WHO meeting
2nd mission (1st medical mission)
July 2017 , number of missionaries 5 , objectives :
– Meet the ministry of health with JRS representative Father Celestino
– Build relation with UN
– Serve in hospital Geral de Angola through screening and providing free medications
– Introduce some spiritual activities
- November 2017, number of missionaries 6, objectives:
– Screen more than 1200 patients (Dundo) and offer free medications
– Operate 9 surgeries
– Build strategic relationship with UN
– Introduce some bible stories with some crafts.
– Teaching some nurses about neonatology.
- April 2018, number of missionaries 2 , objectives :
– Meetings with ministry of health and WHO
– Meetings in BONGANI COMP., GROUP ASAS comp.
- November 2018, number of missionaries 5 , objectives :
– Screen 848 patients (Camela), and offer free medications
– Teach some health awareness.
- April 2019, number of missionaries 4, objectives :
– Screen 1140 patients (Camela), and offer free medications.
– Share some bible stories with crafts and present Jesus Christ movie in Portuguese.
- Angola is still in the reputation phase so there is no churches, priests or residents.
- Spiritual services were provided within the medical missions, in the waiting areas through Bible stories sharing, crafts, painting and watching movies.
- No other spiritual activities were performed in Angola since there is no priest, resident or local congregation yet
- Number of missions 4
- Location Dundo and Camela .
- We had total of 6 missions to Angola, 4 of them offered medical services in these specialities:
- We provided the following services to locals:
– Health Awareness
– Medical education
- The outcome of these Medical Missions:
– 9 successful surgeries
– 75 local persons had awareness sessions and
– 5 nurses were trained to use incubators.